Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Adventurous New Year

Hello and welcome to Been There ; Scene That! I am so looking forward to 'meeting' you all and advising your movie watching! I love movies, but I am sometimes disappointed with the range of reviews available. I have watched many a movie because a friend suggested it, or because the review was good, only to walk away from the movie with a frustrating 2 hours wasted. I have also missed out on cinematic gems because of the same reasons. This blog is to help those of you who share my taste discover good movies. Honest reviews, humor and sarcasm, and heart is what you'll get here. If you don't see what you're looking for, email me and I will get right on it. My friend Tommy will be joining me as a guest blogger and we will regularly be posting on one anothers blogs. For instance, I personally will not watch scary movies. It just wont' happen, but Tommy probably will, so I'll shoot you all a link to his blog asap. Example: I may write a guest review of the upcoming The Vow (starring Rachel McAdams) on his blog, while he may guest post on In the Land of Blood and Honey.

Get it? Good. Moving on...

For my first post on this blog, and the first in the new year, I was wanting to review New Year's Eve. However, the theater had other plans. It was showed out (meaning it was too early a showing). Plan B: We Bought a Zoo! Sold out! So on to Plan C. What is showing in the next 20 minutes? Answer: MI 4: Ghost Protocol!

     http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229238/

I am not a fan of Tom Cruise and I have not seen the first three movies. I know, I know. *GASP* That being said, it was an awesome movie. I will definitely be watching it again, and soon. It was two hours of intense action. Lots of fighting, lots of towering tall building acrobatics, and lots of concussions. My only complaint (Spoiler   Spoiler   Spoiler) is that Mr. Josh Holloway is not in the entire movie. In fact, he is not in most of it. I was very disappointed. Mr. Simon Pegg is in the entire movie however, and the humor that ensues makes up for it. Kind of. Simon Pegg is no Josh Holloway, but I'll take what I can get. Paula Patton also delivers an awesome performance and is new fav.

Violence, Sex, and Language:

Well, it is a MI movie, so yep, there are a few punches thrown and people shot. Bloody noses, and people being drop-kicked out of buildings. You know, the usual all-in-a-day's-work kind of thing. However, the violence is not over the top or grossly exaggerated.

Violence: 3 out of 5. 

There are no sex scenes in the movie; The only thing that comes remotely close is a hilarious scene with Paula Patton where she beats a guy up more than 'seduces' him, but I wouldn't consider it a 'sex scene'. (Spoiler  Spoiler  Spoiler) He ends up in a choke hold, shot with a tranq and passed out. There is some mild banter between her and this character. Patton does change out of her evening dress while riding in a speeding sports car, showing quite a bit, and she and another character kiss. Overall, quite a clean movie for sexual content.

Sex: 2 out of 5

The language was pretty clean. The only thing that I can remember hearing is "No S---" from Tom Cruise as he's hanging from a hotel window...

Language: 1 out of 5

End point: If you haven't seen this yet, go see it now. I have to say, I have a feeling MI4 definitely beats New Year's Eve hands down.

Happy New Year everyone, and I cross-my-heart promise that future posts will be shorter.
~ Sarah

2 comments: